Employment.... or the lack of it

I'd love to write a thoughtful and thought-provoking post right, but think it might be better just to give a quick update on how I'm doing and what I'm up to.

The big news is that I'm not unemployed. The smoothie bar, I was doing a few shifts in every week, has gone the way of far too many small shops and become a victim of the recession. So, I've been made redundant... not fired, mind you, but equally jobless.

I was already working on applications for youth work jobs, so now I'm on double CV duty. One for the long term career and vocation and one for the job that going to pay the bills until then. Ah, such is life.

I'm kinda excited to finish the job. The world feels a bit more open and full of possibility. Guess that shows how I felt about the job.

I've got faith that God has his hands on the goings on of my life, so I'm feeling good.

0 comments: